June 10, 2018
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF PARTICIPATION CAREFULLY BECAUSE THEY DESCRIBE YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES. THEY FORM A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND EFFECTIVE CANNABIS REGARDING YOUR USE OF OUR SITES. IF, FOR ANY REASON, YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO AGREE TO ALL OUR TERMS OF PARTICIPATION, YOU MAY NOT USE OUR WEBSITE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF OUR WEBSITE MEANS YOU AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT ARE DESCRIBED OR REFERRED TO BELOW.
We are grateful to all members who participate and the crucial roles they play in helping us demonstrate how cannabis is medicine changing health conditions and improving lives.
Effective Cannabis is a patient to patient knowledge depository for the medical cannabis patient to study, share and connect with others to exchange insights about specific medical conditions and medical cannabis effectiveness. It is a destination to:
- find other people like you in order to connect and share;
- share symptoms, treatment information and health outcomes;
- read about experiences with strains, products and dispensaries by people like you;
- hear the personal stories of others to understand the context of in which medical cannabis treatments were established;
- hear how specific medical conditions are benefiting from a particular cannabis treatment;
- share information about their own stories and reviews of strains, dispensaries, and products they may be looking for or have experience with;
- communicate with others in the community to share tips and ask questions
Please note that Effective Cannabis does not engage in the growing, manufacturing, and distribution of marijuana.
Terms of Participation
This Site (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Effective Cannabis. These Terms of Participation (“Terms”) are a binding contract between you and Effective Cannabis. They govern your use of Effective Cannabis website, services, and content (“Services”). By accessing, browsing, using and participating in these services, you acknowledge that you have read these terms and agree to be bound by and comply with them. If you don’t agree to any of the Terms, you can’t use Effective Cannabis. Effective Cannabis may revise and update these Terms of Participation at any time. Your continued usage of the EffectiveCannabis.com website will mean you accept those changes. Any reference to us, our, we or similar words shall refer to this Site and its affiliates thereto. This agreement governs your use of the Site, both as a casual visitor and a registered member as described below
Children under the age of 18 are prohibited from registering as members. We believe every cannabis story is essential. We strongly recommend that children under 18 ask for their parents or guardians to assist in using our Services
Eligibility, Membership Eligibility; and Registration
Eligibility - We require that any User be at least eighteen (18) years of age. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age and that your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your membership may be terminated without warning if we have reason to believe you are under eighteen (18) years of age.
Community Membership - To become a community member and have access to our latest medical news, Effective Cannabis requires that you are either:
- looking to educate yourself about cannabis;
- want to registered your support of cannabis as medicine;
- would like to be part of promoting change;
Study and Pain Membership Eligibility - To become a member and access the area on this Website reserved for study and pain members, including all private discussion forums (the “Member Area”), Effective Cannabis requires that you are either:
- a resident of the United States or Canada using cannabis to treat a medical condition;
- living with chronic pain;
- a parent or legal guardian acting for such a patient who is under 18 years of age or incapacitated;
- caregiver for a patient eligible to join such community;
Registration - Specific features and areas of the Website are available only with registration, and log in. In order to utilize the Website, you must complete the registration process to obtain a user account. You will be required to provide your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth and specific medical information to obtain full access to services offered by this Website. You must provide complete and accurate information about yourself during the registration process, and you have an ongoing obligation to update this information if and when it changes.
Personal Login Information
Select a unique login and password ("Personal Login Information"); you must keep your Personal Login Information confidential. Your Personal Login Information is personal to you, and you may not allow any third party to use it under any circumstances. Effective Cannabis is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You agree that only you will use your account. You agree to contact EffectiveCannabis.com immediately if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of your Personal Login Information. You agree that you will not create more than one account. By registering and obtaining an account, you affirm that you will follow the Terms of Participation of this Website
Before using certain areas of the Effective Cannabis websites, you may be asked to indicate your acceptance of additional special terms of participation by clicking a button marked “I Accept” “I Agree” “Okay” “I Consent” or other words or actions that similarly acknowledge your consent or acceptance of a Click-Through Agreement. To the extent there is a conflict between these Terms of Participation and any Click-Through Agreement for the activity in which you choose to participate, the Click Through Agreement will govern.
User Content and Responsibilities
We encourage you to share your cannabis experiences and information on the Site. Your participation in Effective Cannabis study is essential in Identifying which strains are working best, dosing requirements and changes needed etc. Together we can help one another, provide missing data and demonstrate how cannabis is changing medicine. It is your information that will help show essential benefits of medical cannabis paving the way for others.
In these Website Terms of Participation, Some or all of our Site requires you to register, create a profile or account and enable you to submit, provide, furnish, transmit, exchange, communicate and/or display Content (referred to as “Posting” or “Postings”). Your Content shall mean any audio, video, text, images or other material you choose to display on this Website.
By posting or submitting User Content to the Site,
- you warrant that you are the sole author and creator of that content
- you have all necessary rights to provide such User Content to the Site and to transfer ownership of such User Content to Effective Cannabis on this site,
- You are solely responsible and liable for any Postings made under your user ID, name, e-mail address, password and/or your registration, subscription and/or profile information.
- must not be invading any third-party rights.
- you specifically agree your Content shall not violate any law or regulation, our Terms of participation or the rights of others
- You hereby agree that if you choose to post a recommendation about a strain or cannabis product on the Site, you will do so only based upon your actual first-hand experience with such strain or product.
- You hereby agree that if you choose to post a recommendation about a Dispensary on the Site, you will do so only based upon your actual first-hand experience with such Dispensary.
- You hereby waive any claim that Effective Cannabis is somehow acting in an unfair or discriminatory manner by refusing to display (or by removing) any User Content
- You release effectivecannabis.com and its agents from any all claims arising from our use of your submission.
- you agree that Effective Cannabis may enable advertising on the Services, including in connection with the display of your content or other information. We may also use your content to promote Effective Cannabis, including its products and content.
- We will never sell your content to third parties.
- User Content may not reflect our views, and we do not represent or warrant the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content, nor do we endorse or support any opinions or ideas expressed in any Content.
Private Discussion Forums
The Member Area includes private discussion forums which are moderated by the Site staff. Member will only be permitted access to such forum upon acceptance by the Site and/or a Facilitator once they receive your:
- completed and submitted registration forms
- by clicking the box confirming you want to “Share My Story.”
- select preference of how you want to “Share My Story”, Openly or Anonymous
In no event will any Member be entitled to join any such private discussion forum unless and until such Member has been permitted access by the Site. All such private discussion forums shall be governed by these Terms of Participation as modified from time to time.
Acceptable and Respectful Conduct of Conduct
Our Members are unique and special with each having unique medical needs. We believe medical cannabis patients need a safe, non-judgmental, kind and understanding environment to report on how medical cannabis has improved their health and life without fears. It is up to us to get this right by reporting correctly the specifics of our health and what we are learning and experiencing. Effective Cannabis is a reflection of us as patients, and we are all making a difference in our health. Your story is remarkable and deserves to be shared.
You understand that all Content posted by Users, whether publicly posted or anonymously transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the User from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not us, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email transmit or otherwise make available via the Services.
All members represent and warrant that the information they provided when registering as a member, and all information that they subsequently provide regarding themselves and their membership, is true and accurate and not misleading. You agree that you will not post, upload or submit any User Content that Effective Cannabis determines, in its discretion, contains or features any of the following:
- Members shall not interfere with other members’ use and enjoyment of the Services
- No Content with a judgmental tone. Accept and respect differences;
- No horribly offensive language directed at others;
- No posting of hate, misogynistic, sexist, or racist content;
- No posting pictures, profile pictures, or text that contain offensive material;
- No posting others Personal information or messages including email, phone numbers, postal address, and name (both first and last name of individuals other than yourself unless their name is also part of the business name) that are not already publicly available;
- No posting of hostile content towards any member of the community, including those who work here.
- No repetitive posting of the same content or links. This has the appearance of spam
- No all caps. Shouting on the internet is known as all caps.
- No impersonating any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- No Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or which would violate any right of publicity, right of privacy or other right of any party without first obtaining permission of the owner of such right.
- No selling or distributing of products including pharmaceutical products.
- No promotion, or asking for members contact information to sell products, websites, fundraisers, or seminars.
- No forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- No petitions of any kind may be conducted or promoted on the site.
- No solicitation of funds for any reason
- No unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- No collection or store personal data about other Users;
- No link to or refer to Content not allowed under these Terms of Participation;
- Otherwise, use the service in a manner deemed inappropriate by us;
- These provisions shall remain in full force and effect in perpetuity notwithstanding any termination of your use of the Site.
- You further agree to accept full liability and responsibility for all User Content submitted by you or on your behalf to the Site.
Members Content available on Effective Cannabis may not be (re)distributed by any means without the express written approval of Effective Cannabis.
No Interference with Operation of Services
You may not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Services or content or services provided on the Websites and/or Applications for any purposes. You may not post content on the Websites and/or Applications that contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, spiders, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. You shall not attempt to make the Websites and/or Applications unavailable through denial-of-service attacks or similar means. You shall not use contact information provided by members, or collect information about our members, to facilitate the sending of unsolicited bulk communications such as SPAM or SPIM or allow others use of your membership account to take such actions.
Member Password and Login Identity
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your member password and login and are entirely responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account with or without your knowledge. If you knowingly provide your login and password information to another person, your membership privileges may be suspended temporarily or terminated. You may not use the account, username or password of any other member at any time. You agree to immediately notify Effective Cannabis of any unauthorized use of your membership password or login or any other breach of security. You may also be held liable for any losses incurred by Effective Cannabis, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and representatives due to someone else’s use of your account or password.
Subject to your continued compliance with this Agreement, Effective Cannabis grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, limited right to access, use, display, publish and process information and content that you provide through the Services for your personal, non-commercial use only.
Flagging & Moderation
We strive to provide a safe community for all members. If at any time you post something that violates our terms of participation users can flag and report your account/messages/posted updates to the ADMIN for further review. Effective Cannabis will then take necessary steps by warning you directly by email or by suspending your account for X amount of time if it is warranted.
Review of Postings
We reserve the right to remove, reject, or delete any Postings made to the Site, but we assume no responsibility for doing so or monitoring Postings. We do not and cannot review all Postings made to the Site and are not responsible for such Postings, regardless of whether at any time we choose in our sole discretion, to monitor or remove Postings on our Sites.
Possible Content Removal
Please refer to User Content and Responsibilities above before sharing content. Effective Cannabis reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time without notice. We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor, refuse to display and edit or remove any user, activity or content that it deems in its sole discretion to harmful to Users, us or the rights of any third party or to violate any applicable law. This includes the right, but not the obligation, to remove any text or images uploaded by you that we deem in our sole judgement to be inappropriate or that we believe may subject us to any liability.
In our process of addressing all violations, we always strive to put the well-being of the entire community above all else. In reviewing actions of members that may violate our guidelines, we always err on the side of removing content of members who may jeopardize the environment of the site as a safe place for people to connect and share their daily experiences. Anytime a member's action is reported for violating community Code of Conduct or terms of participation; Effective Cannabis will send an email warning to that member, indicating which guideline has been broken. If the warned member continues to violate the same guideline or any additional guideline, Effective Cannabis will immediately deactivate that person's account. An email will be sent indicating the nature of the second violation, and the fact that the person's account was disabled.
We aim to swiftly respond to violations of community guidelines to ensure that the site fosters a welcoming and supportive environment. Member-reported violations are one way we are able to maintain the integrity of the site.
Grounds for immediate account termination without warning include, and not limited to:
- Partially or fully nude images of anyone, including sexually suggestive images or words;
- Trolling and bullying of any member of the site (including employees)
- Any other egregious acts that go against common decency
Thank you for helping us create a safe, respectful community.
Termination and User Data
A Registered user of the Site, you may close your account at any time and for any reason. If you have any problems with the Terms or with the Site your sole and exclusive remedy is to cease using the Site. You may terminate such registration by notifying the Site by sending an e-mail to effectivecannabis.com. After receipt of your termination notice, we will terminate your account.
We may at any time suspend, terminate your access to the Services or your registration and/or remove in good faith we believe is in violation of any of the terms of this Agreement. We reserve the right to terminate your account immediately
In the event of termination by either party, we retain your related data and content from our Website. Effective Cannabis could still display or share the data in that account. However, the Member’s data will remain in the system for auditing purposes, and research conducted prior to the deactivation of a Member’s account will still be in the Member’s data. Note: You can unsubscribe at any time.
Our content and services
We reserve all rights in Effective Cannabis’s appearance and feel. You may not copy or adapt any portion of our code or visual design elements (including logos) without express written permission from Effective Cannabis unless otherwise permitted by law.
We may change, terminate, or restrict access to any aspect of the service, at any time, without notice.
You may not do, or try to do, the following:
- access or tamper with non-public areas of the Services, our computer systems, or the systems of our technical providers;
- access or search the Services by any means other than the currently available published interfaces that we provide;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information; or
- interfere with, or disrupt, the access of any user, host, or network, including sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Services, or by scripting the creation of content or accounts in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services.
Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by us.
Services for Non-Commercial Use Only
The content available through the Services, including the Member Area and the content and information contained in the Member Area, is for the personal use of individual members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not become members and should not use the Services without express consent from Effective Cannabis. Members of Effective Cannabis with individual commercial interests may not solicit or overtly promote their products or services within the Member Area. You acknowledge that our Services contain Content that is protected by copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and/or other proprietary rights, and that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies existing now or hereafter developed. All Content is copyrighted under the United States copyright laws (and, if applicable, similar foreign laws), and we own a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content. All content shared within the site is not for external use. To garner permission and access to members, please direct all media and analyst inquiries and research requests to Effective Cannabis.com.
Membership will always be free for medical cannabis patients. Membership with Effective Cannabis is currently free. Effective Cannabis reserves the right to from time to time change the terms of this Agreement and charge for membership and/or to provide additional optional services for a fee. Note: Our established relationships are important
Electronic Signature and Notices
Electronic Signature – Your affirmation act of agreeing to access the site by verifying your age, subscribing to our email list, and/or creating an account on our forum on the Site constitutes your electronic signature to these Terms and your consent to enter into agreements with us electronically. All agreements completed electronically will be deemed to be in writing and legally enforceable as a signed writing for all legal.
Electronic Notices – You also agree that we may send you notices or other communications in electronic form (e.g., emails, banners, etc.). We may send you electronic notices or other communications to the email address(es) that you provide to us, or by posting any notices or other communications on this Site. The delivery of any notices or other communications from us is effective when sent by us, regardless of whether you read such notice or other communication when you receive it or whether you actually receive the delivery.
Professional Medical and Cannabis Experts
Effective Cannabis is seeking Doctors, Medical Students, Researchers, scientist etc. who would like to become a part of our community engaging in the fastest growing industry in medicine. Don’t be left on the sidelines while patients are discovering amazing benefits. We will provide you with a safe platform to learn, explore, and participate.
It is a destination to:
- understanding how patients are using medical cannabis;
- what specific medical conditions are benefiting and how;
- what medications are being reduced or eliminated;
- access to real patients and their results;
- share with other professionals like you in a safe environment;
- learn what other professionals like you are prescribing;
- learn how you can help improve your patient's health and life.
Third Party Links
Our Sites may contain or display information from co-sponsors, advertisers, retailers, social networks, operational service providers or other unaffiliated third parties (each, a “Third Party”) that offer to make information, goods or services available, provide opportunities to participate in promotions or engage in activities or that link or redirect your browser to other websites, materials or organizations. We are not responsible for the privacy or data use practices at these external websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions for these websites. If you have any questions regarding the information gathering or dissemination activities of other websites, you should consult the privacy policies and terms and conditions contained on those websites.
Disclaimer of warranty
Effective Cannabis is provided "as is" and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. Effective Cannabis does not make and disclaims all express and implied warranties and representations, with regard to the Site, the Site content, or any advice or services provided through the Site to the extent permitted by law. You assume full responsibility and risk for the use of the Site and hyperlinked websites. We make no warranty that the Site will meet your requirements or that the services provided on the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. We also make no warranties as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the Site or that any defects will be corrected. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Effective Cannabis shall create any warranty not expressly made herein. This disclaimer is made to the fullest extent permitted by law. Effective Cannabis disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions, and conduct of any third-party users, Providers, Effective Cannabis users, advertisers, and/or sponsors on the Site, in connection with the Site or otherwise related to your use of the Site. Effective Cannabis is not responsible for the products, services, actions, or failure to act of any Provider or third party in connection with or referenced on the Site.
The advice, recommendations, information, and conclusions posted or emailed by other members of the Site are not in any way vetted, approved or endorsed by Effective Cannabis, and you use such information at your own risk.
Our Sites are intended for users who are U.S. residents. Access to our Sites and the Content may not be legal for some persons or in some countries outside the United States. If you elect to access and use our Sites and Content from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
All provisions of these Terms shall survive termination of your Effective Cannabis account except for your license to access and use the Services and the Effective Cannabis
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall Effective Cannabis, its partners, officers, contributors, agents, employees, directors, representatives or affiliates be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages even if it has been advised of the (possibility of such damages) due to your use of the Services or due to your reliance on any of the content contained or the services provided on the Services. This includes if the Services are hacked or unavailable. And it includes all kinds of legal claims, such as breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort, or any other loss.
No waiver. If Effective Cannabis doesn’t exercise a particular right under these Terms, that doesn’t waive it.
Your interactions with others on the Services you are Solely responsible for interactions with other members. You hereby agree to exercise reasonable precaution in all interactions with other members, particularly if you decide to meet another Member in person. Effective Cannabis does not represent, warrant, endorse or guarantee the conduct of its Members or their compatibility with you.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions will be unaffected and remain in full force and effect.
Advertisements and Promotions
Effective Cannabis may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the website. The manner, mode and extent of advertising by Effective Cannabis is subject to change. Each Member’s correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than Effective Cannabis found on or through the Site, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between such Member and such advertiser. Effective Cannabis is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such non-Effective Cannabis advertisers on the Site.
If you register as a member, you agree that Effective Cannabis may send notices to you by email at the email address you provide when registering to become a member (or which you later update by notifying Effective Cannabis). In using the Services, you may receive periodic email communications regarding the Services, new product offers and/or information regarding the Services, which are part of the Services and which you cannot opt out of receiving.
The organization, content, design, graphics, and other materials related to this Site are protected under applicable copyrights and other proprietary laws, including but not limited to intellectual property laws. Without our consent, the copying, reproduction, use, modification or publication of full or part of any Content or any part of the Site by you is strictly prohibited. Non-profit organizations, news organizations and private individuals are welcome to share our Content on their websites, blogs, newsletters, and social media; provided that Effective Cannabis is credited as the source by name and a link is provided back to this Site. For-profit companies or websites must contact the editor for permission before sharing our Content.
This Website is hosted by Effective Cannabis in the State of Arizona. As such, by visiting Effective Cannabis’s Web site, even if accessed from a location outside the United States, you agree that the laws of the State of Arizona and the applicable federal laws of the United States of America. All disputes arising under, or in any way connected with membership in or use of the Services, shall be litigated exclusively in the state and federal courts located in Arizona, and in no other court or jurisdiction. You hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in the Maricopa County, the State of Arizona.
Effective Cannabis reserves the right to make changes to its Website and these disclaimers, terms of participation, and privacy statement at any time. User hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consents to jurisdiction in the State of Arizona.
Modifications to this Agreement
As our company, membership and benefits change from time to time, we expect these Terms of Participation to change as well. We reserve the right to amend any of the terms of this Agreement by posting the revised Terms of Participation on our Website and/or by sending an email to the last email address you have given to us. This new Agreement will be effective immediately with respect to any continued or new use of the Services.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you find the EffectiveCannabis.com Site helpful and convenient to use!
These Terms (including any document incorporated by reference into them) are the whole agreement between Effective Cannabis and you concerning the Services.
Questions or comments regarding the EffectiveCannabis.com website, including any reports of non-functioning links, should be directed by email via our online web form. We try to answer every email promptly.